In order that the basketball served you longer, it, as well as many other types of sports equipment, demands due leaving and observance of service conditions. From these factors, as however, and the term of its service in many respects depends on intensity of use of a ball.
Service conditions are understood, first of all, as type and properties of a covering of the playground and weather conditions.
The basic standard classification of basketballs depending on service conditions is as follows:
- INDOOR – balls are intended for a game in the hall, as a rule, these are the professional models made from natural or composite (modified, improved synthetic) leather;
- OUTDOOR – the balls recommended for a game on open sports grounds (basketball, etc.). Practically all OUTDOOR balls are made from rubber;
- INDOOR/OUTDOOR – balls are intended for a game both on the street, and in the hall. As a rule, it is the amateur balls and balls for practice made from synthetic leather;
- ALL SURFACE – balls of this group are almost identical to balls of the INDOOR/OUTDOOR group (hall/street), with only that difference that they can be made also of rubber better are suitable for a game on very rigid coverings (cinder platforms, it is possible, but it is extremely undesirable asphalt);
- ALL SURFACE/OUTDOOR – universal balls from rubber or synthetic leather for the indoor hall and the street.
It is necessary to understand that the materials used in production of a ball, options of a design of a ball and technical characteristics caused by it are selected under specific conditions of operation. Therefore, attentively study information on the best basketball you can get, find out and ask for information on what surfaces it is possible to use this model, so choose the appropriate balls for each condition is a must if you want to enjoy them for longer periods.
Besides, surely pay attention to the ball size, it can be No. 7 (standard men’s), No. 6 (standard women’s, youthful) or No. 5 (standard children’s).
In spite of the fact that in most cases for production of the balls suitable for a game on the street, special materials, our recommendation, steady against attrition, are used – do not play on asphalt platforms, after all asphalt – too aggressive type of a covering which it is considerable, by 2-3 times, reduces basketball service life.
One of stages of the production technology of basketballs except for rubber – gluing of panels on reinforced (wound by thread for preservation of a form) the ball camera. Therefore, in order to avoid peeling of panels it is not recommended to use balls from genuine, composite and synthetic leather in adverse weather conditions (a rain, snow, slush, high humidity and temperature). Besides, basketballs in principle are not intended for a game at temperatures below 0 °C.